The Adult Services Program at the North Dakota School for the Deaf/Resource Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing (NDSD/RCDHH) advocates on behalf of people who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing to promote opportunity and independence. NDSD/RCDHH shall strive to:
- ensure that communication and services are accessible
- increase awareness of the needs of people who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing to the general public
Information and Consultation
NDSD/RCDHH maintains a central location for resources on hearing loss that includes:
- lists of community, state, and national organizations that provide services to people with hearing loss including assistive technology providers, information regarding sign language interpreters, and captioning providers
- general information about deafness, self-advocacy, and communication needs
- information on compliance regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); rights of individuals who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing as well as responsibilities of service providers
NDSD/RCDHH conducts training sessions to increase the public's awareness of hearing loss, the availability of assistive technology devices, and the importance of communicative accessibility for people who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
Presentations currently being offered include:
- Hearing Loss & Health Care
- Hearing Loss in ND
- Law Enforcement and the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community
- Adult Outreach Services (General Presentation for older adults)
- Hearing Loss and Mental Health
Please Note: Some presentations are available for CEU credits. Additional presentations may be customized for your needs.