Welcome to the North Dakota School for the Deaf / Resource Center!
Our mission as a school and as a resource center is to serve persons who are deaf or hard of hearing of all ages across the great State of North Dakota. We believe all persons who are deaf or hard of hearing have the right to receive instruction in all aspects of their life to gain knowledge and learn skills to reach their full potential and live as independently as possible.
Our programs include…
- A strong Parent-Infant Program that serves families who have children who are deaf or hard of hearing from birth to age 5.
- An incredible Education Program with highly qualified and passionate staff members providing instruction using Sign Language and English (reading and writing with auditory methods as appropriate).
- An educational Residential Program with Deaf Role Models and staff skilled at providing a safe, happy, and healthy home-away-from-home environment.
- A dynamic Outreach Program that provides consultation and assessments for students in public schools.
- And a comprehensive Adult Outreach Services Program that assists individuals in accessing the services they need to live fulfilling lives focusing on the emotional support necessary to work through any challenges due to having a hearing loss as an adult.
We hope you enjoy exploring our website. Please follow us on Facebook @NorthDakotaSchoolfortheDeafResourceCtr and @NorthDakotaSchoolfortheDeafOutreach for current information about our events. We look forward to learning with you. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com or call 701-665-4400.
Donna E Sorensen